No WTS services are directed to children under 13. Federal law requires that WTS may not collect any personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you may not register for any WTS services or provide any of your personal information to WTS.
What Information We Collect and For What Purposes
To most effectively offer our services, we may collect information from you in the following ways:
- Information You Provide to Us. If you submit material, sign up for services, or enter into a contest, we request you to provide your email address and name. You may also include additional, non-required information in a space provided. If you win a contest prize, we will request your address, full name, and phone number so a prize can be sent to you.
- Comments. Any information you post in the comments section or other submission boxes on the website cannot be kept private – it is published in those sections. Please use discretion.
- Server Log Information. Like nearly all websites, our servers automatically log certain basic technical information when a user accesses the website, which may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser’s request to the WTS server, the date and time of the request, the language and type of browser you use, the referring web page, your computer’s operating system, and any WTS cookies associated with your browser.
- Communications From You to Us. If you send correspondence or email to us or otherwise communicate with us, we may retain copies of the communications to assist you or for our records. We reserve the right to publish the content of the correspondence and the name of the sender. However, if the correspondence is only a submission of content for publication, we will not publish the identify of the sender. Otherwise, requests for confidentiality will be considered but not necessarily complied with.
- Social Networking. We may develop services that allow you to sign into social networking and other online profiles through WTS so you can interact with our services using those accounts. WTS can only recognize you through these accounts if you specifically agree to share that information by signing in. Alternatively, and in the meantime, you can choose to “share” a post or the website to your social networking accounts without disclosing your social networking identity to WTS.
- To assist the technical support of our system
- To maintain and improve the quality of our services through auditing, research and analysis
- To develop new services or enhance existing service.
- To communicate with you or respond to a request.
- To better understand, communicate to and serve our readers.
- To protect the rights of property or safety of WTS or its members.
- To run contests or giveaways. We may run contests on our sites in which we ask visitors for contact information (such as their name and email address) and demographic information (such as their zip code or foreign postal area). The user’s contact information is used to contact the user when necessary, such as if they win a contest or to notify users of upcoming contests.
Information You Reveal to the WTS Community or Publish in Comments is Public
Any information you contribute as a “comment” “response” or “reply” to a post or feature on WTS is public. Once you post information as a “comment,” WTS cannot prevent others from seeing it.
Where Information is Processed
WTS processes personal information on the secure servers of hosting services located in the United States of America.
Sharing of Information
WTS will not share your personally identifying information with third parties unless:
- You give consent.
- We believe in good faith that use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: (1) detect or prevent fraud or security issues; (2) comply with any law, regulation, legal process or government order; (3) protect the rights of property or safety of WTS or its members; or (4) to enforce WTS’s website policies or investigate potential violations thereof.
Use of Non-Personal Information
WTS may share with third parties or analytics services certain pieces of aggregated demographic data that will not identify you or anyone personally, such as the number of users who viewed a particular page in a given time-period, or geographic statistics about our members.
Ads appearing on this web site are displayed on your screen by either (a) one of our web advertising partners or (b) by us. Information about your visit to this site, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad, your browser, the type of computer operating system you use, and whether or not you responded to the ad delivered, (but not your name, address, phone number or other personally identifying information), may be used to serve advertisements to your screen. We may use your IP address and its associated geographical area to serve appropriate advertisements. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
Any of your personally identifying information that is stored is kept securely on servers maintained by WTS’s hosting providers.
While we strive to protect your personal information, WTS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
Mergers or Acquisitions